Sunday 25 September 2011

Achica

Group-buying sites such as Living Social or Group On may be de rigeur at the moment, but how many bikini waxes, falconry days, or pilates courses can a girl really use? Although I feel compelled to keep looking at the offers emails that come through each day, I've never actually taken the plunge to purchase.

How refreshing then, to find Achica. This members-only discount site revolves around all-things-home, featuring designer names, boutique shops, and iconic design - all at a meaty discount of up to 70%, with the deals lasting a couple of days at a time. I've been signed up for just over a month, and reading the email has become a daily morning ritual, with rarely a day going by without something that tempts me to reach for my credit card.

Brands featured on the site have included Jan Constantine, Innermost, Anglepoise, and Tefal, amongst others.

A recent purchase from the site for Dixies was some lovely vintage-inspired lighting from Garden Trading. I've been looking for some contemporary wall lights to replace the pair currently in our hallway since we moved in, but finding wall lights that don't look like something your Gran would choose has proven quite difficult, so as soon as I saw the Asthall Lamps, discounted from £60 to £39, I snapped them up. Also perfect timing for Dixies was the Belfast Lamp, discounted from £75 to £49.

Asthall Lamp - Clay

Asthall Lamp - Clay, Garden Trading


Belfast Lamp - Clay
Belfast Lamp - Clay, Garden Trading



No comments:

Post a Comment