Thursday 8 September 2011

Lavender

Everywhere I look at the moment I'm seeing lavender. I think it must be harvesting season at the moment, but all the magazines I'm reading and shops I'm going to seem to be featuring it in abundance. I've always loved it - the colour, the way it moves in the breeze, but most of all the smell - and the irresistible way its flower stems call out to be crushed into your hand to reveal their scent as you walk past.

Lavender Fields, taken at Young Living Lavender Farms in Mona, Utah, courtesy of Tom Kelly 

I've seen it used formally and informally in gardens, and I'm hankering after some for the front garden at Dixies for next year. I'd love to line a few plants along the front path to frame the walkway, and add their perfume to the air as people pass by.

Basket of Lavender, courtesy of Scot2342

No comments:

Post a Comment