Saturday 26 February 2011

White Bedding

For me, when it comes to bedding, it has to be white... (and the same with towels while we're on the subject) - white bedding just feels cleaner.

And the more luxurious the better too! Cotton is a bit more of a pain to iron, but it feels softer, and it's better for letting your skin breathe.  And for an extra luxurious touch, I use kingsize duvets on all the double beds in my house, so you get a lovely overhang, no duvet tug-of-war during the night, and teamed with white covers, you feel like you're literally sleeping in a cloud. zzz

Here are a few of my favourites:

Stripey White
I've got a Laura Ashley satin stripe set on my bed at the moment - simple vertical lines with no fuss, which I think creates a really crisp look - and stops my bed from looking too feminine. They have similar ones available in store. http://www.lauraashley.com/

Burlington Waffle Bed Linen from The White Company


All White
As the name suggests, The White Company is a haven for white bedding! The Burlington Waffle set is high on my wish-list at the moment. http://www.thewhitecompany.com/


Whiter Shade of Pale
I've also got quite a few John Lewis sets - some from my wedding list! Again, it's the stripes that have the appeal for me - anything with a straight line helps with creating a crisp, modern look - they have a few pleats/ pintuck options which tick all the boxes.

At the moment I'm also tempted to go so far as to think about adding a touch of colour - the Jigsaw Ticking Striped Duvet Set available at John Lewis has a more informal, but still traditional feel.
http://www.johnlewis.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment