Monday 28 February 2011

Design compromises

My bolder ideas tend to be vetoed before they even make it past the inspiration stage thanks to the traditional (read conservative) tastes of my husband, who is surprisingly opinionated about the strangest things. His input does have its advantages though - particularly when I'm procrastinating and deliberating over the perfect Farrow and Ball hue, or need a reality-check on just how much is acceptable to spend on a side table.

I guess it's a lot more about compromise than I thought it would be - I certainly can't remember my dad ever commenting on a fabric or paint colour my mum brought home - but it seems to be working so far!

As it’s a bit chilly tonight, I thought I’d share the first fruits of this compromise – a wood-burning-stove that hubby rushed my into buying when I thought it wasn’t quite right, but has in retrospect, turned out to be our best buy in the house to date. Very cosy!



No comments:

Post a Comment